RCU Forums - View Single Post - Next tank build, assistance needed
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 08:20 PM
metalhead1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff - first of all, that is a great picture. I love the mount and the tubing. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours. Are your light(s) functioning? If so, how did you run the wires?

Now, back to my questions, which I apparently botched horribly, as my points did not come across. Let me try again, with pictures this time.

1. The covers for the lights have two protrusions on them. There is a matching indentation on the light for the top protrusion, but not the bottom one. Should I file out the area at the bottom of the light, where the cover protrusion would fit, or is there a better way to take care of this?
This shows the two protrusions on the headlight cover

You may not be able to see it to well (for now), but there is a matching recess in the area circled at number 1. This recess does not exist at number 2, so the headlight cover will not sit flush on the headlight.

2. There are two hex nuts included with the lights. I am assuming they are to secure the light to the tank. The threaded stud hanging off the bottom of the light has a non-threaded part at the bottom. Do I cut this part off, or am I totally on the wrong track. Area 3 above shows what I am referring to. There is a non-threaded part that is circled and makes it impossible to put on the nut. Should this part be cut off, and if so, what is the best way to do so without destroying the threads? Will I need a die to restore the threads when I am done?

I don't know how to make the pictures bigger. If someone could let me know, I will adjust the size to make them easier to see. I see if I click on the image it is a thumbnail that opens the full size image. Is there a way to insert images inline, like you did, without having them on the Web somewhere?

Thanks again for the help,

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3686 copy.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1988075   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3680 Copy 2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	1988083  

Last edited by metalhead1986; 04-18-2014 at 08:28 PM.