RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help save a hobby shop!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=on_your_six;11786046They are paying him with public tax dollars and taxpayers should not get ripped off.

Bottom line... we don't truly "OWN" our property, we own a license to occupy the land until the government says otherwise. Just the way it is everywhere.

It gets murkier when cities use eminent domain to take land and then give it to a developer for a shopping center... still it is for the public good. Have you ever seen a really nice building built around a little house? As public policy, we had to stop these holdouts from wrecking the future of good projects.
.[/QUOTE]

WOW! At least I now know where YOU are coming from! I believe in the theory that a landowner DOES own the land that he pays taxes on whether he uses it or not. I am rather violent against the "STATE" having any thing to do with my properties. They steal enough in being able to tax it. Well, we can't talk of this stuff here in this forum so I will close with saying that I support Mike and all the others like him that have to surrender to the "STATE!"