RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 08:01 AM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

One more try, any clever ideas how to keep the brake lines from kinking on the stock gear? I realize now that the side which kinks is the one where the gear had to be installed well toward the wingtip on the bearers due to the bearer being improperly positioned at the factory (on the other side...). So it kinks against the ply mounting rail and rib on that side. So I am probably the only guy to have this problem.
It is interesting how little problems will show their effects down line, this is a good example of that.
Another was with the nose gear door. Due to lengthening the mains I used packing to extend the nose gear a bit as well, so then the door wouldn't close. So I removed the packing and used a 6mm spacer to lengthen the leg, which put the steering arms fouling in the door opening, which required cutting them shorter, which meant having to redo the steering cables! I guess that the gear plate being out of position in the wing will cost me 8-10 hours of additional shop time and troubleshooting with its effects throughout the plane.
Reminds me of my time in the architecture profession. One small problem could propagate throughout a building.
While I am rambling, I just ordered a Powerbox smoke pump and some 4 servo ganged connectors from Altecare in Canada, nice shop.

Last edited by husafreak; 04-20-2014 at 08:16 AM.