RCU Forums - View Single Post - Poor Transmitter Antenna Positioning may Cause Lockouts
Old 04-20-2014, 08:47 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I think pointing the finger at a specific manufacturer is pointless. For the most part all the major players use pretty much the same technology. They are all putting out the same power levels and are competing at the same price point. The only real difference would be operating system. Does that have any effect on signal reliability? I couldn't say. Now did all the airplanes went down have the same model RX then there may be something there. It's not unheard of for a manufacturer to bet a bad run of parts from a supplier however in most cases this would show up in testing. Although I would imagine that testing on even a 200.00 RX is going to be done by lot sampling. For the most part I have seen guys blame brand F and switch to brand J only to have the same issue.
I don't see finger pointing here, but a question raised. There needs to be more information brought forward before a conclusion can be made.