RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 04-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slskn
I took some 1/2 ins. square aluminum stock and drilled out for the brass tubing then drilled and tapped cross way and cut a slot for a pinch type clamp, I am only using 3 clamps, hope it will hold, seems fairly tight, won`t know till engine runs for awhile, if it fails I will just use hose clamps, I guess, I used silver solder(the real stuff), hope it holds too, just waiting for my on board glo system and put every thing together and balance, as the pics show I bought the airplane from the builder and he had a gas banger G-62 zenoah engine in it, but has never flown it, that is why the cowl is cut out at the bottom, so this will be a first maiden flight, videos to follow..........

Really nice execution of my original instructions on how to convert the Lowe's ornamental lawn sprinkler into a 7-77 exhaust ring. I'm very impressed. It's kind of hard to tell, but was your solder kind of gold colored? I see some silver color, but that could be some of the copper plating sanded off say, during deburring. Genuine industrial grade silver solder has a gold appearance when brazed. And the white flux can only be removed with super hot water. Just want to make sure so your exhaust rings holds together. Super nice work!!