RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 04:14 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

I know Jet Central also specifies that you mount the engine lettering topside.

DW thanks for the offer of assistance. I will just explain it quick. Normally when the gear is mounted against the rib you only have that 3mm rib beyond the metal gear mounting plate. The brake line runs up the gear leg and easily passes in front of the rib and bends inside that cavernous wing when the gear retracts. On the side I am having trouble with the ply plate and rib extend out 9mm from the edge of the metal gear mounting plate. So the brake line runs up the gear leg and when it retracts it is kinking against that ply "shelf". There is only a few mm between where the air line is taped to the gear leg and that plywood structure. The tubing doesn't slide past the rib and bend, it jams against the plywood shelf, it kinks because the radius is too sharp. I thought of some ideas today, cutting away some wood to make a little channel, a rubber band to pull the line into the well as the gear retracts, putting a stiff brass or aluminum tube with a preset bend over the line, rerouting the line around the entire gear assembly. I will get it sorted. Then post a pic