RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 04-20-2014, 05:42 PM
slskn
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks again for the great Idea Rick, brilliant discovery owed to you, yes, the silver color you see is the copper coating just sanded off, I did use the brazing rod type silver solder, with the white flux, worked out great the only thing I did not do was to add a pressure fitting, not sure if I need to, but will try without it first, I did put one on my Corsair only because I have a 2 tank system and wanted to make sure the fuel would flow from one tank to the other, but on the Stearman I only have one tank, 32oz. only because I had it, my clamps are kind of crude but seem to tighten but not sure I can tighten any more with out making the slot wider, will see after the engine runs a time or two, thanks again...............Steve.

Originally Posted by Pull Up Now!
Really nice execution of my original instructions on how to convert the Lowe's ornamental lawn sprinkler into a 7-77 exhaust ring. I'm very impressed. It's kind of hard to tell, but was your solder kind of gold colored? I see some silver color, but that could be some of the copper plating sanded off say, during deburring. Genuine industrial grade silver solder has a gold appearance when brazed. And the white flux can only be removed with super hot water. Just want to make sure so your exhaust rings holds together. Super nice work!!