RCU Forums - View Single Post - BLADE Nano CP X
Thread: BLADE Nano CP X
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Three subjects

Yep _ _ _ I keep posting but do not know why .

What I have done since yesterday.

1 - I imagined a better way of setting the swash assembly at neutral.
It resulted that I shortened the left linkage by one full turn. I now have the same zero angle of attack on both blades when the swash is level at half throttle stick. That is my understanding of what it should be,
I understand that a difference in angle of attack takes place only when in horizontal motion.
I find it interesting to think of those differences when moving forward versus when moving backward.
I have not yet seen any video in which I could observe some straight ahead motion and strraght backward motion of any length of time but in any such case it would not be possible to observe the blade angles variations.

2 - Another thing that I noticed is that when cutting the motor off by bringing the Tx stick down to minimum the swash assembly remains neutral but when using the stop switch (hold) the swash goes all the way to the lef and stays there. I can only think that it is a method to bank the heli and make it hit the ground in a much shorter distance to avoid hitting property or hitting people.

Something more to learn about why that difference.

3 - As I said earlier I lubricated the motor bearings and the main shaft bearings and swash. It made a very noticeable difference in the sound and smoothness of rotaton. I had not lubricated the tail component.
Today i did and more noticeable smoothness in running. I can now give a gentle twist to the main shaft head and the main gear will go about two full rotation before stopping. In previous similar test the main gear would not go more than about half a turn. Overall the lubrication has considerably reduced the rotating friction of the mechanical parts.

In due time I will be using some of all the spare parts I acquired. Many of them I got in duplicates.
Some of them like the main shaft already comes two to a package; same for the feathering shaft.

Believe it or not, I am having the kind of fun I enjoy and learning a lot. Some day I will be a helicopter pilot.

Cheers,

Zor