RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 09:40 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah Microz, DH does indeed work his Evader pretty hard. Notice that he mentions he's stripping his spur gears? Think it might be just a little over-powered?
That's why, IMHO, a full size (540/550) motor is just too much for the Evader, IF you want long term reliability. I run HobbyWing EZrun B2 Combos (35Amp/4300kv) in all three of my cars (two evaders and one ofna hyper 10TT) and they are perfectly suited to the light-weight Evader. And they do darn well in the heavier 4wd Hyper TT, too, tho probably worked a little harder as it weighs a pound more than the Evader.

I could take a picture of the music wire drive pins, but it wouldn't be very interesting. The stuff is just thin metal rod. Comes in 30in lengths, three lengths to a bundle, for like $2.99. So you have to cut little pieces off, of the proper length, to make a drive pin, that's all. You can use a sturdy wire cutter to do that, but this stuff is HARD, and unless you use a butter tub with a lid that you can poke the rod thru when you go to cut pieces off, they'll go flying off like bullets, and possibly hurt someone, nevermind loosing the dang thing. So I use a dremel tool and a cutting wheel. Note that the pins will not fit tightly, like the roller pins. So make a bunch of them to keep on-hand, as you will loose a pin before you can break it.

Does that clear things up a little more for ya?