RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen Metal Tiger - Early vs Late
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 06:00 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jarndice
IMEX-ERIK Hi, I have a Torro Tiger 1, simply because the Taigen Tiger was not available in the UK at the time, I assume the Taigen Tiger comes with the charging point between the mufflers and the quick release is under the rear fender, and I ask because no one says so in the advertising for Torro or Taigen and I would think a lot of potential buyers would be influenced knowing that. Just a thought. shaun
No the Taigen Tiger 1 does not include a charging port on it. We do not recommend charging your batteries inside the tank unless necessary. We included the option on the new T34 to charge inside the tank, but we did not include a charger so as to let the customer decide what type of charger to use with their batteries. I personally will always recommend outside charging inside a lipo bag for safety. As for advertising, we will start appearing in RC Driver a lot more
Originally Posted by welchgc
@ Erik

Quick question again. The Taigen 12085 Pz III says 'later version full metal edition' on the website. What is actually metal?

Thanks

G
That is actually a typo I will get that fixed asap. We are getting ready to revamp the website and have a few ideas we are currently trying. We will make info a lot more accessible with more media and optional/compatible parts on each tank. The 12080 is the metal version of the PIII, not the 12085/86. The metal Panzer III comes with:
metal chassis
metal caterpillar tracks
metal road wheels with rubber tires
metal drive wheels
metal idler wheels
metal suspension arms
metal barrel
metal spare wheels with rubber tires
Here are some newer pictures of it below...

Originally Posted by Panther G
I like metal or partial metal lower hulls and components. I do not like the extra weight of an all metal turret though as it is harder on the drive mechanisms that need to operate that extra weight. Keep that in mind. Nothing at all wrong with any metal insert for the lower hulls like the original Asiatam hulls with metal suspension. This is the way I always preffer to go. Some added weight for realism and reliability but not so much as to compromise performance. Remember the heavier it is the harder it is to keep it going when you are battling.
Yes I like the plastic too, but the metal tanks are such huge sellers. The Panzer III is a good mix of the two. The lower is mostly metal while the upper is mostly plastic. Soon we will have lower ratio steel gearboxes available for this model as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG007.jpg
Views:	2228
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	1991306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG011.jpg
Views:	2119
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	1991307   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG025.jpg
Views:	2187
Size:	3.07 MB