RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 01:41 AM
bearcave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi hellvan stalyoni long time no hear of was wondering if you were still enthused.

thinkin K-H2o and bro have covered all i could say regarding your bondi blitzer...
i was running a 26 turn brush on my surfers and trying to keep it similar when i went brushless bought a 3650 can size at 2400kv to run on the 7.2v nimh batts then 2s lipo... the 3s i'm now running is more than ample and never fully on it unless its a big fast wave or i'm peakin to get out the back before the sets whitewater me back to shore.
then again i'm usualy surfing under 4' waves.

I live down south of sydney near sutherland but unfortunately too caught up in other stuff to surf or do anything good atm. There are a few other dudes around sydney close to you but.

Check out oz rc surfing at 'rc surfers wordlwide' and kitemans 'rc surf world' for more... hope you enjoy this weekend.

Btw the lipo batt scene is a bit dangerous but so is life when doing anything new or exciting... anyway i've always carried and store my batts in a steel fold out toolbox and may start using the fiberglass sac bags from now on, i was gunna do 4 batts at once and have the charger power supply etc to do it but erring on the side of caution i just charge one at a time at 1c and yeh it takes almost an hour each batt.
I also never discharge them under 3.6v... thanks to a cheapo hk telemetry system..

all good enthusiasts always good reading whats happening..