Thread: BLADE Nano CP X
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Somethng in common

Originally Posted by flyingjmerritt

good deal! i need to get some of those parts for my blade 400 lol. but will have to wait till next time i get payed. i'm all wiped out after buying all the frame parts for my t-rex 600N.
yes i'm rebuilding 2 helicopters at the same time. some i will be keeping and some i will sell lol.
flyingjmerritt,

We both like to put things together; make assemblies; make modifications, play with small tools and small parts.

Another thing we have in common is the wait for the next month small revenue and the small amount we can afford for the hobby.

I cannot chase from my mind the idea of making two blocks of foam, carving the inside to fit and mount on the existing structure then carving the outside to a fuselage shape and painting it with water based acrylic paint. I am estimatng the weight of such a fuselage would be only a few grams. The two parts joined on a vertical plane could just pull apart for maintenance work. Of course provision would be made for cooling the inside components.

For me these helis do not look like helicopters. It would not have to be a replica of an existing fullsize chopper but it would have some self designed appearance. I think it is a worthwhile challenge.

This evening I tested the operation and all looks very good. The heading hold is excellent and the servos action looks fine also including the directions of response of the controls and the reaction of the stabilizing system of the receiver. I feel my inquisition in the receiver AR7200BX is now pretty good.

When we have some decent weather I may ask a friend that I know to be a good heli pilot to test it and help me _ _ _ to crash it _ _ _ . . . . . . .

Zor