RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 05-03-2014, 11:31 PM
AeroFinn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slskn
also the first run on my new 9-99 in my Corsair

http://youtu.be/Zau4vXv9PQQ
Hi (Steve?)

Congrats for the first runs of the triple seven and the triple nine!

Was it rusting issues that causes you to be on your 3rd 9-99? I hope you and Maxam have sorted out this matter to avoid any further issues. (It's a curious phenomenon as i do not use any ARO with my Laser glow engines and I don't have any issues.)

Anyways, getting back to radials: Generaly speaking I try to limit the scale of my models to 30cc to 50cc class. I want to try an Evolution radial but i'm having it hard to make my mind on which engine / model. If I get it right the wingloading may be an issue with any radials but maybe a biggest concern with the 7-35? as the power / weight ratio is maybe the weakest of all in the Evolution radial line of engines. I want to have an aerobatic model or warbird with some power reserve.

It's very obvious that if I go for 160/260 engines the wingloading gets lighter but they are a bit out of my budget and a headache to get to the field and back.

The 7-77 might with into the cowl of many 50cc class ARF that feature a roud cowls (sea Fury, Yak 55 etc) So that's what I'm thinking now. I have read all the 45 pages, by the way but it seems to be either a Corsair or military Stearman..Any other ideas?

I appreciate any hints!

Artto