RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 05-04-2014, 05:20 AM
slskn
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Artto,
I am still not sure why and how I have had all the problems with my 9-99 as I have said before, I did all the things as per the instructions that I was supposed to do, Maxam (Tom) has helped me sort through some things of which I appreciate and am sure he has helped others, no problems there, I am wondering if possibly I did not run the first few flights rich enough? with only the 7 1\2% oil? ( 0n the last 9-99 as to why the rings seized up?) Horizon did not have an answer as to why that happened, but could not get the parts for awhile so just sent me the new one ( which I very much appreciate and am thankful that they stand behind the warranty) but as to the rust issue still am not sure why that has happened either because I did what was required with the blue blocker ARO( after run oil), however, after listening to Tom and others, I am now going to use the Marvel Mystery air tool oil, as ARO and have added 2 1\2 % of klots synthetic oil that also has 20% castor blend to my existing case of fuel, and using the air pump as Tom has suggested, after talking to some guys at the Toledo show it was said that possibly my garage has lots of moisture and it was suggested I use a dehumidifier, however, though that really does not explain why all my other 4 stroke engines in the garage have not had these rusting issues, at least not as soon as I did with the 9-99, but anyway, I hope taking these steps will help, and the first two tanks of fuel through each engine the 7-77 and the 9-99 have been running rich and very good. also was told by Don`s Hobby shop in Utah, USA, that they have been selling the 7-77 quick as they come in and Magnum fuels are blending now for the Evolution they are calling it the 10\10 blend for these engines 10%nitro and 10% oil, and are having good success. well, hope to maiden my Stearman in a day or so, Artto the guy at Don`s hobby told me that a guy in Michigan is flying his YAK 55 with very good performance with his 7-77, however, I love the warbirds and the choice is wide open for the radials................take care- Steve.

Last edited by slskn; 05-04-2014 at 05:23 AM.