RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bavarian Demon Cortex in a Bandit
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 07:58 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KFX450
Goose, Maybe you can help me...Cant get my gyro to enter set up mode..it seems like it starts up ok, Servos jerk etc...But then the light stays red ( 3 position switch is in the middle at zero) If i move switch to -100 or + 100, light stays green, on both ends..All servos work at this point in right direction..But nothing from gyro..Any ideas??? I did try setup in normal (rate) mode..but same thing..

Turn off power..
Make sure all signal wires are facing the inner part of the gyro case
make sure all your harness wires are plugged in properly..recheck the color coded wires too.. Gray wire is gain..
insert the bind plug into port 1 top port.. make sure its seated.. If you have trouble getting it in there, then use a short servo wire and plug the bind plug into that..

when it enters learn mode, it will bump twice and be ready to program with green flashing lights...
If you do nothing, it will go thru the program sequence itself, and end up with flashing green series..
IF you are getting solid lights, then it didn't enter bind mode..

also, if you are getting stead green with gain, then something isn't correct, either your transmitter or some wire crossed, or output reversed.. recheck everything... even when its not programmed, the red/orange/green lights will show the banks / gain you are getting.. You have to have "negative output, or a Pulse width of Less than 1500 uSec to get into orange bank.. maybe your signal gain wire is in the receiver backwards.. been done before...
I have never had one fail to enter bind mode yet.. hmmm... make sure the plug is seated.. I just pulled one out of the box and programmed to make sure.. it took literally 2 min to install, 1 min to program.. you will get it..

Last edited by gooseF22; 05-05-2014 at 08:10 PM.