RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec 7954 Servo Failures
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:35 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lightningmcnulty
There is no way that environment needs anything other than you have in terms of power supply and distribution, I have flown plenty of jets similarly set up with no issues and on my uf and viper I wasn't really concerned about my speed when I deployed the flaps. Just fit 8911's on the flaps and be done with it. At least until you solve the mystery.

as a side note I was interested in power requirements before and on my uf I taped all the surfaces in place, fitted a watt meter to the battery and worked everything at the same time. The flash had 4 8711's and 4 8611's in it powered directly through a 12121 with life's and I couldn't get the total amperage to go past 0.8, flight loads are probably higher but how much!?
There is a very good thread on flight loads, I used the calculator that was presented in the thread for a project that I am working on and found some interesting results. You can see my results in post #90 in the following thread where I made a chart with full flap deployment (60 deg) at various speeds just to see what type of loads are expected. So yes the brute force method will work... i.e. using a 470 oz-in DS8911 servo, however it could be considered a bit of overkill

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-sizing-4.html