RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wren 44 glider?
Thread: Wren 44 glider?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 09:41 PM
jetster81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Hal, I am sure you can get them in the US take a look around the Glider importers you will find them there somewhere. They are made in Czech Republic and are of super quality Glass fuz and glass reinforced foam wings, very strong. Also they are highly prefabricated with installed wiring loom, cockpit, etc mine even has the retract in , canopy fitted and all decals applied. They are well worth the money in my view. The mount I made myself with a bit of 12mm ply screwed to the fuz and the mounting strap I did out of some Ali strip, really not difficult at all . One thing to bear in mind is to buildt in 2-3 mm down trim and a mm of side this is to deflect the blast away from the fin a little and does not effect the handling at all. Tank, you can use a Dubro 950 ml maximum I have a home made 750 ml in mine. If you already fly gliders then you will be aware they are ultra efficient and loads of power is not required to do any manoeuvre. Mine flies around on a quarter stick mostly. The old Wren is actually over powered for the Swift!. Ideal would be the new Jetmunt 35 when it arrives.

Last edited by jetster81; 05-06-2014 at 09:43 PM.