RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fej sports jet
Thread: Fej sports jet
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay so I finally got to see this beast in the flesh today and have a look at his plane

I have to say I was quite impressed and it flies really well. I spent quite a bit of time going over the plane as this is my first fly eagle model I've had the chance to examine. The honey comb skin is interesting to look at, like a big matrix in a way but nice and solid. Ply formers, stiff elevators and vertical stab. Wings are nice and solid and the lg is very robust.

Flight wise it is an absolute *****cat in the air, very smooth and predicable. Phil was putting it through its paces today and the K170 was pushing it along nicely. It certainly stands out in the sky and as the day got more overcast, his colour scheme was eay to see against the clouds.

What impressed me most was how slow it lands. On one of the flights the wind had picked up and was coming across the main runway so Phil used our much shorter cross strip and it handled it with ease. It's a gentle giant but flies great.

so now for the conspiratory theories....I forgot my video camera, I was going to try and get some more video of my Gryphon EVO today but I left in the living room at home, but never fear there is plenty more flyingt to be had and when Phil is back in Sydney again on his next rdo's and I'll make sure I have both my video camera and on board camera with me to get some footage.

Cheers

Jez.