RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 05:48 AM
skypup50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Branaum
Jeez, I almost feel that this is yet another waste of time just like the oil and turn down wind wars.

*I* use the exact same break in procedure on my Saito's as I have used on my OS ABC engines. Put it on the plane, tie it down, fuel it up, start it up and run it for 30 seconds before peaking it with the HSN for 15 seconds then richening it up a 1/2 turn or more (1/2 early, more late in the process). After another 30 seconds, lean it out again but add 15 seconds to the time at lean. Repeat this for the first tank of fuel adding 15 seconds to the lean run each time. Then refill the tank and repeat but start with the high speed run at 1 minute and add 30 seconds to each high speed run with a full minute between each run. Then refill the tank, check the LSN and go fly, doing a lot of touch and goes the first couple of tanks.

The 'trick' seems to be the heat cycling at the same time the ring and other parts are seating.

Your approach may be different, it may be more elegant, and it may even be better, but my way has worked for me on my Saito's for 20+ years and I am happy with it.
It's unfortunate you feel like you're almost wasting your time but I appreciate everyone's advise. Thanks for the help everyone.