RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEED HELP - Which warbird to choose P51 Mustang or P40 Warhark?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:46 AM
lancairmustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
That sounds like the main choices. The top flite is innexpesive and has been around a long time. The new Hanger 9 is pricey, we'll have to see how good it is once they get them flying. Good luck.
I can second that, I've flown the giant P-47 and Giant P-51, both fly awesome, the P-47 is a little better flying and easier airplane as apposed to the P-51, the mustang is more streamline and if you get her going to slow on landing, your pretty much going in. With heavy giant warbirds like these you want to keep your speed up. Personally I haven't flown the giant P-40 but a friend of mine crashed one the other day, the topflite giant one. He was coming in for a landing, and guess what? Got her going too slow. He says the P-40 is a hard one to handle, he says it just doesn't fly as nice as a P-47, P-51, or even a corsair. Don't know why, that's just what he said. Personally the mustang, thunderbolt, and corsair are all my favorites. They all look awesome in the air and go like hell, especially the stream line P-51. Hope this helped as well.
Trevor