RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with determining flying behavior
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 03:41 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mpieklik
Yes, I agree. Already planning to move CG forward and use 14 rubber bands. I'll see how it flies at half throttle and introduce down thrust from there if needed.

Again, appreciate everyone's help. I've found people at the club and online are generally willing to help. Just starting to wonder why I waited 25 years to get back into this hobby!

Matt

Fantastic matt I am sure you will do well now and agine welcome back. Yes that "why did I wait so long" emotion and response is what all here and person to person mentors, are looking for and is the payback, indeed.

As far as the CG (once agine) goes, that white knuckle ride will occur if the CG is to far back and it seems to me that is exactly what you had on your first flight. There are no white knckles with a cg to far forward only an airplane that lands a little to fast.

Now the the manual for your airplane suggest the four inch an change figure as well as suggesting a half inch margin both ways. The 25% is a safe starting point and as a practical matter I am willing to bet 'Two burned out Glow Plugs aginst a stale Glazed Donut that the final resting place for that CG where you just love it is around 28%. Hey 28% is 3 3/8's or thereabouts.

Indeed Matt do not be afraid to experiment with CG in small increments and Hey Ya'll come back now and let know if I won my Stale Gazed Donut

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 05-12-2014 at 03:47 PM.