RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 03:23 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old Fart and others. Just been and checked the NIB Saitos purchased here and in Hong Kong (in the 90's) and all have these nice little instruction sheets (including a parts break down) that give you safety instructions for running in and general operation. Also included is recommended fuel mixes and prop sizes (for sports operation). All in good english and easily understood EXCEPT for (the english bit) the 2 gas engines. These are a different matter. Now old fart I use a 20% hgh viscosity Cool power oil (heli oil), 20% nitro (sports flying) rest methanol. No castor that is used in the diesels. Saito recommends a minimum of 20% synthetic for all the modern saitos so I run that in all my saito glos. (Simplicity). With the racing devices same oil type / quantity and up to 50% nitro depending on the application. With the high nitro runs the engine gets an end of day "wash" with a FAI fuel run (usually 10 to 15 mls) to fuel exhaustion and after run is pumped in while te engine is warm. It is all as simple as that.