RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lauterbach build.......
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 08:17 AM
corky051

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zen, The veneer looks great. really like that color, and the craftsmanship. About the fuel system; First thing- look at the fuel supply nipple on the carb.- approx. 3mm id . fuel hose/tubing, any metal tubes, inline tees or filters, etc. The mentioned id should be maintained for proper fuel supply flow. Zip tie clamps at all connections. Tygon fuel hose for gasoline. Do NOT use any silicone(nitro fuel) hose. The brass tubes thru the stopper plug on the sullivan tank( using 3mm)- likely a problem.The plastic tank requires a vent(good luck with that). My experience with sullivan tanks were cracks, frequent leaks, and other problems. With this hull, and the very limited access under the foredeck, and having to remove the engine for access to the tank- NOT fun. Raw fuel under the foredeck- not good. Hopefully the wood sealers used are gasoline proof (epoxy is). the klunk should be at the lowest part of the tank(gravity assisted)-usually the rear. Adding a lightweight tray to provide a downhill angle and mounting surface works well.
For this hull. the bag system would work much better, if you can get them. Very simple plumbing. No vent required.Durable, predictable and dependable.Easy to maintain and refill with a little practice. Bag can be removed without removing the engine!! An estimate of 15-20 laps around a water soccer field, from either system can be expected for run time. I can provide additional info for a bag setup if requested. After all, it's your boat, your choice, and just my opinion. Cheers.

Last edited by corky051; 05-14-2014 at 09:24 AM.