RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 02:51 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To expand on the Citroen thing. The deal in Malaysia at the time was to put the biggest engine you could afford in the model you chose to fly. I think the mind doctors call it "a ***** size = size of toy thing". The a/c was a standard size SIG Astro Hog that normally had a 60 two stroke fitted for good performance. My memory says this device was fitted with a Saito twin plug 120 or it could have been a 150. Germaine to the story. Model was in usual circuit and landing when owner expressed concern fight ensued over who should land said a/c (there was an instructor present) and most of you can envisage the transmitter fight, instructor prevailed at the to late point and flew the model through his almost brand new Citroen. All very "funny" and in Malaysia you did not take photos of Tunku's stuff ups. That could be considered "insulting" Mind you said gentleman was constantly insulted by breathalysers that constantly showed him drunk after he left the bar he owned. This could not be correct as muslims do not drink. All in All an interesting time in my life. Now did I tell you about the Saito 50 powered Cub that wrapped itself around a crane of the MH line captain that managed to fly a model through the open windows of the house belonging to the local copper. Stories for another day. The workshop beckons