RCU Forums - View Single Post - BUSA Fokker DVII
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 04:31 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffEE
I had one of my first solder joints fail. but then I am a CRAPPY solderer (is solderer even a word?). After I cleaned all the metal parts better, I have not had an issue. And I would think that if vibration was causing the problem, the NGH 38 would shake the joints to bits. As to the 3D printer parts holding up to the heat, I put in 2 flights today, and had no issues with melting parts or overheating of the motor. It was a cool day, about 54 and a breeze, but I think they will be fine.
That is great news. I got my engine running last weekend and it works great, DLE 55. I am just going through and touching up paint, before I put everything back together. I am painting all of the struts again as well.
Another thing I am doing is getting all of the nomenclature lettering done from Get Stencils. These are all of the little words and such that are impossible to paint. I am getting them dry rub.
Once they have them done, it will be easy for any of you to order them for your DVII as they will be sized correctly. You can have them change the werk numbers to match your plane. Dry rubs are a great way to go, as they have no carrier blush like a water slide decal does.
I need to airbrush my rib tapes again as well, as the color faded from blue to silver. That will take a little while. Here is a pic of my access panel I hinged to expose my switches and controls. The red digital read out is a tachometer, wired to the ignition. Pretty cool stuff. Another mod I made was to run the fuel tank over flow through the landing gear strut, so it vents to the ground and will save the axel wing from destruction! Should have mine flying again in about a week if I can stay focused.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Get stencils Fokker 003.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	758.1 KB
ID:	1996187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Get stencils Fokker 004.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	786.9 KB
ID:	1996188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Get stencils Fokker 006.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	807.0 KB