RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on my temperatures and possibly suitable ESC and motor.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd also like to point out that the Toro X8S 2350kv is really similar to the Turnigy Trackstar 2350kv. They have the same Kv, same exact outside dimensions, they have the same number of fins on the can, I've even seen versions of the Toro with the same style lettering, in the same spot as the Turnigy. The out of stock at HobbyKing Turnigy motor is about $20 USD cheaper than the Toro. Maybe the Toro has better internals, maybe not, I don't know. I also found some Toro X8S motors that list an internal fan and some that don't. The ones that do list a fan aren't sure of it's location as one vendor says it up front, another says in the rear. Either way there are no holes in the can for air to get in and out. How effective can an internal fan be if air can't get in or out of the can? From where I'm sitting the Toro doesn't really look like an upgrade from the Turnigy Trackstar you already have. Just saying.