RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building the Fly-Model Extra300LP 30cc 3D ARF Kit
Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I built my 30CC over the weekend. One aileron failed the "test" I gave it all all the hinge pins broke. I left the rest of them in on all the other surfaces but really might hve to replace them eventually. It only took me 8 hours or so to build it, I went with all hobby partz stuff including the electric motor.

I like the tail wheel how it does not require another servo or another pushrod going to the rudder servo.

Teh 3d arms it comes with are cool too. I only used them on the rudder so far but I think I will need them everywhere to get 3D throws.

Got a 20X6 wood prop right not probably not the best but its what I got.

No suprises on this except the hinges I hope they wont be the demise.

BTW I have the carbon fiber landing gear. Its a little bit lighter than the metal one. But the carbon fiber spar is like 1/2 the weight of the metal spar it comes with, well worth the money. I had to sand it to fit as it was a bit long but really easy to do.
I also have the nice CF spinner but the motor I have needs tapped for a screw to hold it on.

It was a perfect day to fly saturday but the hinge issue made me miss the test flight. So waiting for winds to go below 15 before I fly, we are in the 30s right now.

I took alot of pictures for a build thread will be posting it up.