RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ignition Switch / Choke Servo Mixed to same Switch. Bad idea?
Old 05-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Hmm....most of my engines will pop with the choke on and run with it off. I have nothing with a proportional (or even servo activated for that matter) choke and I have a pile of gas planes.
I think the OP was referring to my post in another thread and I wasn't quoted quite right. Here is the text of the original post. I hope it clarifies things a bit.

>>>> I have choke and ignition on separate switches. Frankly, I couldn't imagine any combination of positions that would make me want to have both functions on one switch. On one of my engines, the idle is extremely lean (normal for this engine) and the engine will not transition to full throttle until it warms up a bit after the first start of the day. I use the middle position of a 3 position switch to just half open the choke during this warm up period. Similarly, some years ago I had an engine that tended to vapor lock (heat soak) the carb when the engine sat a bit after being run on a hot day. The half open, middle position on choke worked well as a start aid when full choke would have been too much and you could crank all day w/o choke.

[COLOR=#000000]The point here being that two switches gives you options that a single switch doesn't allow.