RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warrenton, VA FARM Club Memorial Day Pattern Contest
Old 05-25-2014, 06:42 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently did the same thing with my Epic. Had guys chatting with me as I was assembling the plane in 15 MPH winds. In a hurry to get two flights in. I didn't wiggle the sticks and verify all surfaces were moving. What Archie did is exactly what I did and about all one can do. Took about 6-7the times flying back and forth, till I got the wings to stay level in the quarting wind. No harm and no damage.

Great save Archie!

Originally Posted by Don Szczur
Pretty amazing day. We were flying FAI and Steve took off with some real problems. As soon as he said "I don't have control!" I yelled, are your airlerons plugged in? He acknowledged that was the issue. Now, without ailerons. Mike yelled for me to run and help. Archie was right there calling for him and helped first. He got the the plane stabilized and then landed without aileron control. What he learned to do quickly was an eighth to one quarter snap one way and the other way to "roll" the plane (more like snapping the plane) on final approach to a correct level attitude. It looked pretty violent when he was doing it but it worked. After a near perfect landing he turned round to the pleasing cheers of the crowd. I high-fived him and Steve retrieved the airplane from the runway without a scratch.

Last edited by AmericanSpectre505; 05-25-2014 at 08:11 AM.