RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nodd's Great Planes Spectra
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 04:30 PM
Nodd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying my hardest to stop changing/modding/improving stuff but it's not easy *grin*

Wingtips
I decided to go with some basic wingtips, nothing too fancy...

Sanded a 20° angle on the underside...

Graphics
Although I've spent a fair amount of time thinking about graphics for this project, I only sketched a few ideas before I found something I liked...

This design is vaguely reminiscent of the stock Spectra graphics, somewhat simplified.

It's covering time!
I'm a big fan of Hangar 9 Ultracote but this is the first time I've tried their Parklite covering. As the name suggests it's quite a bit lighter...

As with any plane I intend to fly high, I like a dark color on the under side of the wing. This black should contrast well against both clear & overcast skies...

I figured this Parklite stuff would be thinner than regular Untracote but I didn't expect it to be this transparent...

Pretty happy with the way this stuff covers even if it is a little see-through. Remind me to cut out the spoilers before plugging them in...

Interesting, this stuff looks better outside. Well that's all I managed to get done today. We're getting there!...