RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 07:33 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mort78
Hi guys... the reason I was asking the questions about the firmware update is because I lost my Yak54 the day before yesterday.

I had carried out some flights earlier on in the day, with no trouble. On my next flight, I got airborne and as I rolled inverted, I lost all control of the plane. The controls remained in their current position and the aircraft went in.
I got no signal loss warning on the DS16.

After grabbing the aircraft from the bush, the electronics were all unscathed. Everything was connected as it should. I took it back to the flightline to try and diagnose the problem, but I couldn't find anything wrong at all.
I have the aircraft set up using dual batteries, fed directly to the CB200. I have 2x R7 receivers connected to the CB200. I have since taken all the gear out of the plane, as there was too much damage to the fuse/wings/rudder etc to fix,, but I have tried getting it to fail again, but all appears normal.

One thing I did notice that day. I have used the teacher/student mode before without any dramas. On the day of the accident, I couldn't get the teacher/student mode to work at all. My friends DS16 wouldn't chat with mine.
I gave up after a while and reselected the dual path. Then the accident happened. Coincidence? But the problem now is..... i'm really worried about this happening again. We all spend a lot of time and money building these planes and one of the main reasons I bought the Jeti system is for the reliability of the 4 antenna's. But this proved to be no safer in this instance than my old JR 9X. My friend who was flying his F22 on the same system, similar setup (dual batteries/rx's) refused to fly it until we could work out what was wrong.

When I turn my system on, everything works normally. If I go into the device explorer and select any of the RX's, it tells me to update to 3.20 firmware. I currently have 3.14 in the RX's and 3.00 in the TX. So again, was this incident because of the 2 RX's not having the latest firmware?? It's quite worrying. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted Jeti, but I haven't received a reply as of yet.
Fly safe,
Mort
Mort,

It seems extremely doubtful that your problem was caused by mismatched firmware versions between the transmitter and receivers. Can you please provide more information about your configuration? You mention using R7s connected to the central box. Assuming dual path mode, are they both configured for EX Bus communications, speed set to Auto? Is failsafe set to DISABLED in both of them? Failsafe should only be enabled in the Central Box.