RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 07:48 PM
mort78
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,
Many thanks for all your input....

I'll try answer all the questions one by one!

Wfield -
The reason I hadn't updated the RX's to the latest firmware is because in Hong Kong, I have no real space to keep a 2m plane in my apartment. It's just too big. So I leave the plane locked up in a shipping container at the field. So I have 2 options to update my RX's - 1) Bring my laptop to the field and update on site. Or 2) Remove the RX's and update them at home. I just hadn't done either, as the plane was flying around perfectly and the changes in the firmware weren't required in the setup I was using. I got an Email from Jeti and they confirm that there would be no negative effects from flying with a previous firmware.

The setup I was using was : 1x CB200 with 2x R7's connected. The RX's were configured in EX Bus, failsafes disabled on the RX's. Speed was set to auto, as I'm not clever enough to know what it does anyway

Goose -
With regards to the Teacher/Student mode, whilst using the CB200, I must admit I've missed where anyone has said it's not a good idea. I won't play with that in the future.
With regards to the RX signal whilst using the CB200, this explains why I don't see the correct indications on the DS16. This makes sense now. I thought I was going mad, as everyone was saying there's worked but mine didn't. It's obviously because they aren't using it through the CB100/200.

Guys, I have racked my brain over this issue. I can't find the cause of this. I have gone through the settings of each RX and all is set up correctly. The only other thing it could be, but seems extremely doubtful is, I use a Powerbox Gemini battery switch as I like the idea of having dual power in any model. Could something have happened to the switch??? Not sure, but I'm sending it to Powerbox anyway to get checked out before I use it in a new machine. It's just incredibly frustrating not knowing the cause. I wish it was because I had made a mistake in the programming etc because at least I could say... Damn, I won't do that again. But at least I'd know what caused it.

Again thanks for all the input guys!