RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 03:38 PM
mort78
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
Mort, please post whatever you can get out of the Cbox logs and settings.

After further review, I do want to look your power system.. we need to see the current and volt logs on the Cbox.
Hi Goose,
Thanks for the input. I think you've come up with the problem. Maybe
So I think I may have the answer finally. It all comes down to a problem with my set up, which I didn't realise was an issue until I revisited the instruction manual of the CB200.
As I've been using the Powerbox Gemini for power supply, the output connectors on the Gemini are RX style connectors. Rather than change the connectors to MPX style, I just plugged the power into unused CB200 ports. After revisiting the CB200 manual, I see there is a caution message at the bottom of page 9, saying "It is not recommended to supply power through the outputs for servos, sensors or receivers". Or is that only for 8.4V??? The low voltage cutoff in the CB200 is disabled.

Is there a reason for this? I have done many, many flights with that exact same setup. For some reason, it decided enough was enough. I would however love to know why this is a no no. But I will definitely change the connectors to MPX and use the dedicated power input. The only thing I don't understand though. If you look at the photo's above, the power was still being supplied all the way until impact.

By the way, the plane was powered by a DLE55. The RX's were well seperated, with one in the tail and the other in the main accessory bay. The Antenna's were placed at 90 deg angles to one another, so I was covered in each 'plane'. The Ignition is powered through a Powerbox Spark device, but it has a seperate 6V power supply.

Cheers,
Morten

Last edited by mort78; 05-28-2014 at 04:24 PM.