RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 05:43 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy smokes..

Well I have good news and bad news..

Good news.... We know the problem.. I suspected your power system, but I assumed you powered thru the MPX ports....Powering thru the servo bus caused the crash

Bad news is.... powering the CBox with the servo bus is a big No-no..

additional info:

The central box is built with Servo isolation.. Each servo port has a small circuit that in the event of a short, it disconnects that port. That is predicated on the fact that the main bus of the CBox has been powered through the multiplex ports. The first time you really loaded it up current wise, it detected a short and it isolated the power ports you plugged into, and game over..

The central box is designed to have a High power input through the multiplex ports only.. Twin Batteries, isolated, and measured independently.. There is no other way to hook it up..

Otherwise, if you want to continue to run your power setup, then get an R14 receiver, and use one of the r7's as a satellite.. What I would recommend if you run the gemini is to cut the servo wires off and solder two sets of wires onto one multiplex. if you look on this R14 pic, you will see 2 servo power wires input into the MPX plug.. they are from a twin set of regulators..

Sorry about your plane, but now we know..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1629.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	1999453  

Last edited by gooseF22; 05-28-2014 at 05:51 PM.