RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 20cc Tiger Moth Build
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 08:45 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

This thread just jogged my memory concern a conversation with a long time R/C magazine contributor mostly build articles on his own plans. He once asked if I had noticed in just about every build article or new product test for an ARF/RTF airplane how the author stated what an easy maiden flight the airplane had? His opinion was it was a lot of hooey. He said he had never had a maiden that some problem didn't raise it's ugly head. Now he also said it could just be his luck but he was in his 70th decade of life and still waiting for the first one to happen. On the other side of the coin when I got back into the hobby in 2004 the LT40 I built the maiden flight went fantastic. I wanted pictures so I tapped the local 5 time nationals pattern chap to take her up. He was either being really nice or I really did nail the balance laterally and CG. (File under blind squirrel finds a nut department or God looks after fools and little children department) I did notice he only touched the trim tabs once.