RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 20cc Tiger Moth Build
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 10:39 AM
cloudniner
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrwad
Thanks, Richard and Mike for the input I can "dial in" down trim when flying. I am curious as to WHY this is happening I think it needs more weight in the nose than I currently have. Richard, I would be interested in hearing about your C/G if you have a chance to check it ! For now, I'll fly it as is

Thanks again, Don
Don

I flew my first Tiger Moth many flights with a fair bit of down elevator for level flight. It is now retired for a bit while I recover it. The second one above was stripped and while I was at it I added the glow plug driver as below and decided to move the CG forward while I was at it. So I have five Sub-C Nicd cells right behind the engine (Saito 150) and five Sub-C NiMh right behind the firewall. My thoughts were that the CG should be moved forward to eliminate the need for the down elevator trim.

I flew this Tiger Moth ZK-BLK yesterday for six flights and not a bit of down was required. In fact when taking off I had to jump on a bit of up elevator to stop the tail from going high. Once in the air it flew like a charm as I didn't even touch the elevator trim. Honest!

Richard

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RCD3001-Unive...item4862b46105