RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly-Models 50cc slick 540 the unboxing and build !!!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:27 PM
kiwibob72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zippi
I have been building, buying, and flying planes for some time. There has never been an issue with that section of the wing breaking off with any brand plane that I have ever heard of. I think they must have been using scrap pieces to save on cost. Anyway, I guess I'm just use to the high end planes such as Aeroworks, 3DHS, and Pilot RC. Hope you guys enjoy your planes. it's all about if you think you got a good deal and if you enjoy flying it.
The funny thing in that statement, is that Aeroworks, while a quality house we'll all agree, have apparently made the odd lemon as well from what I've seen (their 1.20 Yak54 and the 60-90 extra have had some less that favorable reviews in a number of forums).
There is also a lot more to quality than just the price of the thing. As an example, the amount of people who swear by Futuba or Hitec servos, any of them who have been around the block for a few years will have odds on lost a plane to servo failure, hell, my dad brought his first 2.4 radio a few years back, a 'higher end' branded one, and it showed up with a knackered mother board - so believe me, price isn't always the benchmark for quality!

Quality is quality regardless of the owners ability to brag about their pocket book size.