RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ripmax Xcalibur Sports jet
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:43 AM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

In my case, the trim color coat appears to have separated from the film. It appears to a delaminating problem not a situation where the entire trim separated.

To fit the 100G, I glued two pieces of the supplied wood shims together.I then drilled the holes for the bottom brace and placed blind nuts on the back of the block. I then proceeded to glue a third shim over the blind nut after having drilled an oversized relief hole to accommodate the blind nut flange. So, I have three spacer shims to bring the engine up the from the mount. The bottom strap is put in place followed by the turbine. The top strap is then put over. You are correct, you can't place the turbine onto the mount with the straps in place. The blocks themselves are held on the mounting rails with wood screws. Nice clean install and no cutting of the mounting rail is required. I did drill a couple of small access holes through the fuse flange lip in order to line up the screw driver with the mounting screws.

Another note...I also glued a small 4" x 3" piece of BVM ceramic blanket just below the engine. I wanted to little heat protection because there is not more than 1/4 space between the engine and the glass. There have been no heat related issues around the engine bay.

If I have time...I'll post pics later.

Dean W.