RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 10:15 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build

My name is H R Mickelson (Ross) and I have rejoined the RC community after having built many models when I was 16 - 20 ending with the Goldberg Senior Falcon which I still have and fly today. After 30 years in the USAF flying F-100s, F-105s, F4s and F16s I then flew MD80s for TWA/American and retired to work at Raytheon as a engineer. Finally, I really retired about three years ago and rediscovered RC. I bought new radio gear (JR11X), new servos, recovered the Senior Falcon, fired up the original Enya 60, joined a club, started flying and now am interested in building scale aircraft.

This thread will be my attempt to build the Ziroli 120" B-25 as scale as possible.

As I was new to posting a build on a thread, I tagged on to the B-25 build of Sam Parfitt, who has been very generous to me as I have posted my build on his thread. However, now I have come to realize that each builder should have their own thread, so I am starting this thread with the idea that many builders can add their build, suggestions, and constructive comments to improve what I hope is to create a winning scale B-25 B Doolittle raid aircraft. For those who are following Sam's thread I will repeat most, if not all, of my build posts to this thread.
As Sam can complete a build in a month or six weeks, I can see this project taking as much as a year to complete. There will likely be some redoes, tear downs, start overs, and delays as I try to figure out the next scale problem. There is certainly the possibility there may even be some basic building mistakes that have to be fixed, so I again encourage all constructive suggestions and additional information that you can add.

I have been following the 1/8 scale TopFlite Corsair Mods thread for several years and have my Corsair and all the mods just about ready for FG cloth. From the Corsair thread I have seen how many builders have contributed to the authors build and I hope the same situation can be accomplished here. Unfortunately, I started the B-25 without finishing the Corsair so I may do some jumping back and forth as I work on both.

Last edited by da Rock; 06-11-2014 at 08:48 AM.