RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hellcat Build with 250cc Radial
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 05:45 AM
flyn2high
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am all finished wiring. Below is a photo of the inside of the fuselage. I had planned to use a Dubro 50 oz tank but it was a bit too high to fit. I ended up with a pair of 24 oz tanks that are connected in series. One is connected to the engine and fill port and the vent is connected to the clunk of the second tank. I made dummy exhaust pipes for the lower four exhaust ports. One of the pipes is the overflow / vent for the fuel.

The receiver is a Spektrum 12 channel power safe unit connected to two 2,500 mah A123 batteries. You can see the blue battery covers just in front of the fuel tank on the left side. I have two more batteries for the ignition on the left.
The Moki ignition module does not want to have anything over 6 vdc so I am using a Formeco regulator set for 6 vdc. In my experience with the Moki engine the higher the voltage the stronger the spark and the less chance for missing and rough running with the radial.

The small blue unit just to the right of the receiver is an iGyro. This is a 3 axis gyro and provides normal and heading hold to the ailerons, elevators and rudder. I had considered using the JR G370A gyros which mate up with my DX18 transmitter very well. The thing I did not like with the JR gyro is that for the ailerons and elevators I have them each on two separate servos and channels. I would have to use a “Y” connector on each into the gyro. I feel that it is a big advantage to have the redundancy of separate channels for the two most important control surfaces. The iGyro had two ports for the ailerons and two more for the elevator with one for the rudder. The second reason is that using 3 of the JR gyros would require 3 additional channels for gain control. In the iGyro one channel is used for the mode switch and the gain is set using a spare channel but after you are happy with the setting it can be disconnected and used for something else.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-05 14.51.52.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	2001626