RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbyking – beware
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 04:08 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe 1320
Some of the responses are a little comical.

Like for example, someone is pissed and is ranting about customer service and a someone else posts something like "150 orders on my end and never any problem". Like that is really just posting a positive response. BS! That's rubbing someone's nose in it or a blatant attempt to negate the original post. The same would go for user posting a great deal on an item for sale, someone pops up and plays price police and starts bashing the price...... And we call that thread crapping. What is good for one, is good for the other. One can expect that a disgruntled customer to be upset, why in the world would someone blatantly try to counter that with so much vigor? It makes no logical sense. A more logical and less inflammatory response would be " Wow, sorry to hear of your issues. Hope you get them sorted out." Or..... Sorry to hear that, I hope that I don't run across that on my orders. It's good to know as to keep an eye out".

I am. Willing to bet that most of these Internet chess games cease the minute people are face to face rather than sitting in front of a computer screen. Lmao.

And yes, getting what you paid for is a core issue and has nothing to do with the price tag attached. Not delivering what people pay for is fraud. customer service afterward sure can shed light on the intent. Anything can happen when something is ordered and shipped. If something doesn't arrive or is damaged, how the company handles it speaks volumes. Every reputable company I know of, accounts for a certain percentage of defective / damaged product and also a portion of the budget is allocated for customer service. So to claim pricing prohibits good customer service is also a load of crap. We're not expecting 5star, kiss your royal butt service..... Just reasonable service. Like a refund that happens in days, not weeks for an item that they never shipped. Like sending you the parts missing from your kit without waiting 6 months....... Like not having to file a paypal claim because HK refuses to acknowledge the fact that the item you ordered is actually not in stock even though it shows in stock and you've been waiting for 4 weeks already while the chat room operator still says that your order is processed and cannot be cancelled. All this crap can be read on so many threads in multiple Internet forums, the stories can be heard at the local flying field too. Strangely enough, at the flying fields you don't find anyone who pipes up and tries to counter any negative publicity for hobbyking. What you get is more along the lines of "told you so, they are cheap but at some point you're going to get burnt. I already quit buying from them"
p

Joe that about sums it up you nailed it. I also wonder what price has to do with basic customer service and no body can answer that question either.

Last edited by ira d; 06-07-2014 at 04:11 PM.