RCU Forums - View Single Post - BUSHWACKER, MARK'S MODELS, 1970s
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 07:49 PM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rcs1313
I built this Bushwacker 27 plus years ago. The last time it was flown was at a Polar Bear fly in 2 below zero weather at La Grande, Oregon, with a 30 mph wind....lifted off like a heli and went straight up flat....I had an OS35 on it, but it was all it could do to handle the wind. Flew it around the patch twice and landed it under 3/4 power. I sold it after about a year. The new owner never flew it and sold it to the local hobby shop. A friend of mine in Hermiston, Oregon bought it from the hobby shop for 35 bucks, an extra wing came with it....that was in 1990.

Recently I was visiting this friend and spotted the Bushwacker in an old boat he had stored in a shed....he had never put it in the air, long story short, nostalgia got the best of me and I bought it back from him less the engine for 40 bucks....storage fee I guess.....

It is now back in the hanger where it belongs....I am 71 now...so old plane for an old guy...seems fitting....

I still have the original plans for it....haven't looked to dig around for the manual....may not have that anymore.....will have to manufacture a new cowling and canopy, altho Snoopy the pilot is still in the old one, probably wonders where the he-- I have been all of these years.....

Purchased a 480 for it with a folding prop setup....should work out ok

Will see if the pictures will upload...haven't tried that for a long time..

Rod
Boy, it sure looks good for all it has gone through!