RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nodd's Great Planes Spectra
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 12:29 AM
davevh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job Chris!
I really like that you got rid of that triple taper on the leading edge of the outer panels, that was always something that just did not look aesthetically pleasing (kinda like a low polygon version of a rounded edge with sharp vertices) in the Spirit/Spectra to me.

I am curious, what's with the dark gunk inside the fuselage area (post#43) under the wing and in the nose. Looks kinda like moisture rot from old wood left in the rain?

I hear you on the old electrics, my first was a gorgeous Sophisticated Lady (bought brand new pre-built in Johannesburg) back in the early 90's which was outfitted with the old CG Power Pod. Man that thing was heavy, and every landing no matter how smooth resulted in the T-Tail overtaking the nose! If I recall it had an 8 Cell Nicad, no ESC, just an on-off switch. Eventually the T-Tail was lowered Gentle Lady style, a landing gear was added and an OS.09 was put on the nose Airtronics Butterfly style. That's how I learned to fly power. I owe quite a lot to Goldberg as I had several of his aircraft (including a Freedom 20 which was kinda a hotrod for me at the time).