RCU Forums - View Single Post - I want to buy a servo for my 1/12 car.
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 07:40 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zackS30
That seems a bit slow, got some good torque for a 1/12 but just,seems a bit slow. I use a savox 1258tg, hitec 645mg, and exi 1227. All of those are pretty strong and have good speed im not sure exactly how fast and the oz-in thhey are I cant remember. But I havemt had any problems with them except the exi, the gear coming off the motor came loose off the saft and I used some sand paper and blue loctite to put it back together. Havent had any more problems with it.
The savox is expensive like 70$. The exi was 25$ and the hitec was 35, I think if u get a hitec 645mg ull be happy.

Imo, metal gears is a must the plastic ones crap out, ive had 4 plastic gear servoss (all from rtr form of my rcs) they all went out 1-2 months into useage.
yes and no on the gears crapping out it all really depends what RC's they are in.
Like for instance my 1/12th scale jammin .5 CRT stripped a Futaba S3004 servo in 2 minutes where my 1/10th scale df-02 buggy a similar servo has worked happily in for over 2 years prior to even getting the truggy, and is still in the buggy. IMO its mainly the weight of the vehicle that plays part if you need a MG servo or not. The truggy for instance weights quite a bit more then the buggy(the truggy is mainly aluminum where the buggy is 90% plastic) so all the stress of turning, and hits would strip the servo far easier in the truggy.

I'm curious what vehicle it is as some 1/12ths don't use 1/10th scale servos...