RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the new 90-1.20 Yak QB
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Fidelity101
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building progress

I followed the youtube videos for the DLE-30 engine installation...very nice of that guy! I installed some plywood to the rear of the firewall for added support after removing the blind nuts. I used wooden dowels to fill the holes and 30 minute epoxy with milled fiberglass to hold it all together. My DLE-30 is about 2 years old now but I found it weird that the DLE-30 in the video had the throttle arm on the opposite side as mine. Maybe the carb is reversible or maybe they changed the design? I used an Aerotech IBEC to power the ignition off my 2S 2100mah LiFe pack which is shared by my receiver. I used 5645MG servos on ailerons and elevator, 5985MG for the rudder and a PowerHD 7150 for the throttle. Hopefully I'll have a chance to maiden it this week once I finish connecting and installing the receiver, set throws and set CG.

I initially drilled a hole to feed the blue fuel line from the fortitude tank to the DLE-30 carb, but I think I'm going to pull that out and route the fuel line through the hole in the center so I can make room to connect my Saito F1 fuel filter...which just looks cool! :-) This should also allow me to push my fuel tank forward where it should be because I apparently made a mistake while building and installed it about 1" back from where everyone else has it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1434.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	2003479   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1429.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	2003480