RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Model Products Introduces a 50cc GeeBee R3 ARF
Old 06-11-2014, 10:20 AM
iFLYrc_Vic
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first link is for a guy who "says" he will setup this 20cc plane to fly on a 4S battery power system to keep it light. Well, if you read the entire thread, he never flew it ! Just words. The second link does not provide any useful information about flying this model. I have the instruction manual and used it to build my plane. gjhishaw, thanks for the links but they do not help me at all with this model.

There are many other folks out there that have the same exact comments about the flight characteristics I found in my 20cc model. It is not just coincidence that they have the same problems - its the plane.

One modeler has commented that the problems is the wheel pants. He even said it flies great without them. I am inclinded to believe that is the problem with this smaller version of the plane. They are huge and may cause issues on the small version and not on the larger ones (size to weight ratio). I am no aeronautical engineer, but all that weight hanging down from the plane would seem to account for its unusual flight. I may take the time to remove the wheel pants and try to fly it again. However, the wheel pants are what makes a Gee Bee a Gee Bee.

Regards,
Vic