RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Model Products Introduces a 50cc GeeBee R3 ARF
Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EASY there Vic!! Some of us are trying to help! I don't see any reason to blast anyone! I have "experience" in almost ALL sizes of the R3. Meaning.... 20cc, 30cc, 50cc, 100cc and now working on the 150cc GB R3. I gave you some places to go check and also to see where Jason Cowl tested them and said they were a "HANDFULL" to fly! The plane flies as GOOD as YOU set up the wheel pants on this plane!! You just can't slap it together like every other plane that you might fly or put together, this one will bite you if you do!! Enough said..... at this point!

Originally Posted by iFLYrc_Vic
Condor, you are the first person who has fessed up and agreed that this plane flies like no other plane out there. The 3-rudder explanation is probably "spot on" with respect to the reason she flies like she does. Misalignment will certainly be a factor in its unorthodox flight. I am grateful to you and thank you very much for providing a solution from experience with the same model. I have gotten very upset with all of the "back seat drivers" who derive solutions for this plane but have absolutely no real time experience with flying it and imply that we lack adequate piloting skills. Some of them mean well, but others just try to toot their own horns. Like the guy who suggest flying a 20cc plane on a 4S power system (good luck).

You have given me reason to put the motor back in it and give it one more try after wheel pant alignment. I might try it without the wheel pants but it is a royal pain to take them off.
Thanks everyone for your comments and help.
Vic