RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Model Products Introduces a 50cc GeeBee R3 ARF
Old 06-12-2014, 07:58 AM
iFLYrc_Vic
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pc2209
I've got a 30cc and mine flies great. I did notice the yawing at first when flying straight but after reading the thread I made sure the wheel pants were aligned and things got better. When I fly I am always using rudder for every turn no matter what plane I'm flying. Of course when I started flying RC I was only using ailerons to turn like most but when I got interested in 3D flying I forced myself do coordinated turns so now I don't even think about it. I also have a full scale decathlon and, again, you have to use rudder to turn. If you don't it feels all sorts of weird.
If you're not using rudder this airplane will probably not fly well for you for the reason discussed above
Thanks for the reply. It seems that the major issue here is with the alignment of the wheel pants and use of rudder for turns. I have 14 RC models in all types of configurations (Extra 260 to B-25). I often have to use rudder to make turns and sometimes try to make "flat" turns using rudder and opposite ailerons.

I used the rudder to turn this model and it kind of did a side slip instead of turn. I think that was due to misaligned wheel pants as discussed previously.

One other thing that may contribute to my plane's awkward flight is that I purposely mounted my wheel pants loosely with only one screw in the front and one in the back. I thought this would prevent damage to the wheel pants on a bad landing. This allows them to move from side-to-side and may accentuate the flight issues.

This is definitely a "bird of a different feather" and requires attention to the wheel pant mounting and some mental attention during flight.

Thanks again for your input.
Vic

Last edited by iFLYrc_Vic; 06-12-2014 at 08:07 AM.