RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot 26% Yak 54
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 09:18 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

The used market is really soft. Last airplane I sold RTF was a scratch built 1/3 scale Laser. It was powered with a DLE55 and MTW 75 canister, Falcon CF prop, Savox titanium geared digitalis. I listed it for 500.00. After a week I had one response, local guy who ended up buying the Laser and another airplane from me. I see lots of airplanes that 2 years ago I would have jumped all over. Disposable incomes are down and people just don't appreciate what it takes to put some of these airplanes together. Go back 10 years and I was getting 1,800.00 to assemble a high end 40% ARF. That would be a laughable price today. The thing that gets me is guys over at another site are selling their beat up composite sailplanes for a grand and I'm talking about wings with de-lams and even fuselages that have been broken in half and repaired. Go figure. It's pretty much a buyers market. A month ago I bought a RTF MK Aurora with MK mechanical retracts and an OS 91 surpass. I paid his full asking price.......100.00