RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Model Products Introduces a 50cc GeeBee R3 ARF
Old 06-13-2014, 03:44 AM
iFLYrc_Vic
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pc2209, I appreciate your replies to help with this plane. You have nailed it as for the use of the rudder on turns. I do use the rudder for coordinated turns sometimes to keep the plane relatively flat to make my scale planes look scale in the turns. However, I do get lazy and bank-and-yank most of the time. I suppose I should strive to do coordinated turns as a rule.

I have a lot of planes and try to fly most of them several times a season. Each plane has its own flight characteristics but most respond to control inputs in a similar fashion. The major difference is landing (some float, some need speed, some need to be flown to the runway). As such, it takes a flight or two to "get back in the saddle" for each plane. Therefore I try to fly each for a few weeks, then move to another. I think putting this plane in that rotation would take more time to get it right when it comes up in the rotation - it takes a concentrated effort to fly it properly - practice, practice, practice.

I am just a guy who likes to fly good looking planes and enjoy the experience. Flying this plane will be stressful. I don't need stress when I go flying.

Thanks again for your expert input to the way to fly this plane. They will help me and others "get it right".